How can I flip camera view

Hello, New to Lightburn, fantastic product ! I mounted a cheap webcam to the lid of my engraver. Mounting restrictions left me needing to flip view both horizontally and vertically and I have not been able to find a way within Lightburn. I am able to within camera settings, but each time I unplug camera settings are lost and it needs to be reset. Could I fool it when doing the camera collaboration by marking the corners out of number order or is there a simple way I haven’t found ?

Picking in the right order should automatically reorient the overlay. In other words, LightBurn determines the proper orientation based on how you’ve picked the target order. It would be odd if this wasn’t working for you. Are you somehow flipping the orientation in some other way outside of LightBurn? If so, that might be messing up how this is supposed to work.

Can you elaborate what you mean by flipping the view? Is this a setting? Or do you mean you simply rotated the camera 180 degrees? If rotated, that’s totally fine. Your live display will be upside down but your overlay will be in the correct orientation.

Thanks for the quick reply. The cam is mounted 180 degrees off. I can correct for that by flipping the view in the cam control software, but unplugging it will lose that setting. ( not a dedicated laptop,engraver is in another building) Also if I unplug cam while in Lightburn it causes an “unexpected closing” and I need to restart Lightburn. Not a real problem,just don’t do that. I need to go trough to calibration setup again to be sure I have the target order correct. Otherwise I may be able to disassemble the cam from mount and rotate it that way.

LightBurn does nothing to the live feed from the camera, however when you click ‘Update Overlay’, the captured backdrop will be oriented correctly.

Don’t try to apply any additional features. Just take the video feed as-is and do the camera target alignments picking the order 1-4 sequentially. The live feed will be upside down but the overlay will be corrected once captured.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.