How can I reverse the X-axis? - move the machine with the arrow keys

Hello,
I have homed my Eleksmaker Mega (used as a plotter) front left.
When I move the X and Y axes by a + value, the Y axis moves in the right direction (forwards), but the X axis moves to the left instead of to the right.
How can I change the X axis and leave the Y axis as it is?

I thought there was an option in LB to move the machine with arrow keys, but I can’t find it.

Kind regards
Alooha

One of the Tabs on the right, labeled Move.

Don’t go trying to reverse things just yet.

Either I am blind or I don’t have such a tab.
To my main question: how can I inverse the X-axis? It’s easy in LaserGRBL and I assume it works in LB as well.

What do you mean by that?

Hope my translation is okay, look in the menu for Fenster, Bewegung to see if it is checked.

What I mean is do not change any parameters (Lightburn or laser) until we know what the buttons do in the Move window. They might be okay. There is no means for reversing motion control in Lightburn. That is done by changing GRBL parameters in the controller.

That both sound wrong. Or, it depends on what you mean by forward. Positive values should move the laser to the right (x) and to the back (y, away from you). If you use the arrow buttons in the move window, it should be like that.
If not, it’s like Mike said, you need to change the firmware setting accordingly. The easiest way is to use machine settings and invert the direction of the respective axis.

Meanwhile I have solved both problems.
What I just can’t manage is to control the movements so that it doesn’t drive into the frame (I don’t have any limit switches).
For example, if I manually move the laser to approximately the centre with the machine switched off, then switch the machine on and enter G92 X0 Y0 to set the 0 point, then enter G91 X100 Y100, it moves 100mm on both axes. But if I then enter G90 X0 Y0 to bring it back to the 0 point I just set, it moves into the corner and hits the frame.
What am I doing wrong?
How should I proceed if I don’t have any hardware limit switches so that it doesn’t go beyond its range?

Another problem: the servo motor that is supposed to raise and lower the pin, with the signals that normally control the laser, is not moving.

Why not just use the Set Origin button in the Move window.

I saw engineers crash more than one machine trying to mix absolute and incremental positioning. Stay with absolute.

Do you think G91 X-100 Y-100 would have returned you to the 0,0 location?

Rereading your command, Why did you not use G00 X100 Y100 instead?
this is a good read…

That should basically work, though it’s usually not done using the G91 etc. commands. Use the set and get user origin functions of LightBurn. If the commands didn’t work for you, you might have set the wrong option for position reporting. This can be toggled with $10. If you send the question mark command in the console window (?), you get a list of your machine position vs. your workspace position.

I have realised that I have an old FW version on the Mana SE 3.2 board (the 0.93i).
I want to upgrade to a newer one, the 1.1, but this is very complicated: there is a difference between GRBL update and ROM update, then there are different variants of GBL version 1.1. How to proceed - if this is not beyond the scope of this forum.

The hardware: EleksMaker Mega X/Y +RC-Servo (PWM)

You might also consider replacing the board with a more modern one.

Which one would you suggest?

Nice try, but that will have to be your decision after you do some research. I have no idea what your needs and wants are, nor do I have any knowledge of the construction of your machine.

Will you be happy with an 8-bit board or is the newer faster 32-bit designs a better choice?
Do you need dual Yaxis connectors or does your machine require X-Y-Z outputs. Or maybe even an Aaxis for a future Rotary unit?

As you can see, I (we) cannot make the choice for you. No matter what you decide, the forum members will likely work with you to make it work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.