How do I get to the $ settings? Can I lock windows in place?

What version were you using prior?

LightBurn itself has very little to do with GRBL configuration. The configuration itself is managed by the controller. LightBurn provides the Console to communicate to the controller but whether or not GRBL configuration can be done is dictated by the controller.

The other mechanism that LightBurn gives you to see/modify these settings is through Edit->Machine Settings.

Can you type $$ in Console and take a screenshot? I’d like to see what your controller returns if it’s not behaving to standard.

Note that prefs folder and $ settings are not the same thing. You wouldn’t use prefs to view or modify $ settings.

Similarly, can you go to Edit->Machine Settings and take a screenshot? It’s not clear to me what you’re seeing that’s not allowing you to change these.

[quote=“berainlb, post:21, topic:88610”]
What version were you using prior?
[/quote] v0.9.20

Untitled5

How do I change my home position please? I thought I went through $settings in the prefs folder and simply input the mm’s of pull off from the limit switches before but maybe I’m mistaken. My machine settings just give me true/false? no place to enter the distance.

Double click on this one and change the value.

Then I think you’ll need to write changes to the controller. Post that, rehome and the new pull-off should be in effect.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.