How do I upgrade k40 to Ruida controller

So I got my k40 3 weeks ago and don’t really like the software like k40 whisperer and the stock and want to use lightburn but also replace the controller with a dsp ruida controller. Anyone know a good starting point, any tutorial videos or wiring diagrams or good dsp ruida controllers to buy that are cheap enough? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Is there any tutorial like that for a dsp controller?

If cohesion3 works with LightBurn why would you want another controller?

1 Like

It’s the same price as a dsp controller so I though might aswell.

Then Google is your friend here.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks just what I needed.

In my eyes it is a slightly unfortunate investment, the price of a new K40 and a new Ruida controller makes up over half the price of a completely new 50 Watt 3050 CO2 laser machine or even bigger. But of course you certainly have your good reasons for this decision. And, in each case, you will have a good time rebuilding and testing it all, and you can reuse the controller later in another machine.

1 Like

I thought the Cohesion had motor drivers already on board.? The Ruida requires one for each axes @ about $22 each, so that adds a few bucks. Lightburn DSP license is also applicable…

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.