How do I use the Offset feature when burning only a single line around a project for a border?

I am not sure if this is where I should post this information about an issue I have. If this issue is not in the right area, please let me know, and I will try again.
Thank You.
I am using Lightburn Version 1.201 and a new way to use the (Line Mode) and (Offset Fill Mode) together, using the offset mode to burn a line surrounding the edge of my material using the Offset Fill Mode to create a larger burned area.
The issue I have is as soon as I hit the start button, the Laser Head will go immediately to about the middle of the project and burn a Line the width of the project. I have read and watched a few different videos without much success.

Thanks,
Frank Barker

Frank,

Reading this, it seems the rough issue is with steps executing out of order, correct? If so, there two general thoughts I have that you might find useful.

If you’re trying to add a perimeter around a shape you may want to use the Offset tool rather than the Offset Fill mode. This would give you a new shape you can arrange as needed in the output optimization settings, to say, execute after your engraving all the way through. That way your piece isn’t cut all the way through until you want it to be.

Secondly, if you’re doing your editing with Sub-layers, you can re-order the individual sub-layers to change their order of execution as well.

If I misunderstood you, please share as much so we can try and get you lasing happily again. :slight_smile:

Best,
Kim

1 Like

Thank You for your help, I have not yet had a chance to try this yet. I hope to get started back very soon and it sounds like this will help.
Thank You, Frank

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.