How do you upload 3D model

So I have the $40.00 software for LightBurn, I’ve been doing some 3D work with my Diode laser but I can only upload a Image of a 3D model, my question is can I upload a 3D model with my software package or do I need to perches the more expensive package, and if so do I need to buy anything else or it’s just the software? Thanks

One other question, I have a open built laser where I can stack blocks under the feet of my laser frame to do bigger items my question is can I use the LightBurn camera to view the whole table to maximize the table space? If so is that feature in the $40 package software or does the feature come in the bigger software package? Here’s a picture of my open laser that you can have a better idea of what I’m saying

LightBurn does not understand 3D models or graphics, as lasers are generally 2D systems. What do you mean by “I’ve been doing some 3D work with my Diode laser”?

Using the camera requires you to secure the camera to the laser in such a way that they don’t move relative to each other. You could possibly do this with some additional frame pieces, like this:

It’s possible, but it would be a little tricky to set up, and it would require your machine to have homing switches for the best accuracy.

I would set up a home, and limit switch’s for that bit, and okay great as I can easily make something to fit over the machine. When I say 3D I mean just that, I’m passing the laser several times over the same part using pictures of 3D models and using grayscale which is for Co2 lasers, still working on the sweet spot though, and what do you mean you can’t upload 3D models? I thought you’re software supports Co2’s? Which is used for 3D work

A laser is basically a 2D plotter. You don’t have accurate control over the depth of cut. A grayscale image just varies the power as the machine moves in 2D. It’s possible to use other software to create those images, but LightBurn doesn’t do it, and you can’t load 3D models into the software.

1 Like

Okay thanks thanks that’s all I wanted to know, and ya I was doing some I guess I should say 2.5D because it’s not the whole piece of wood, it’s just one side LOL the dilator doesn’t do nearly as good as a CO2 when it comes to doing any kind of 2.5D work

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.