How I make LB engrave each of these concentric rectangles fully?

I also found a layer that was gradient engraved. Mis-typed a 9 in the field. Wouldn’t hurt to have all that info showing in the Cut Info window below the Cuts window. Just thing that aren’t Zero.

While I’m with you here. I also notice that when I delete a layer and then paste it back the layer order changes. This changes the layer priority, doesn’t it? Will cut priority override this?

One problem I believe is causing some of my issues is that I am designing in the house ON one computer then saving the file to a network drive. I open the file in the garage and send it to the laser. I notice that Optimization settings are not saved with the file though one would assume they would.

The optimization settings saving with the job is something that is on the list to fix. It wasn’t a big deal until recently, with the newer options, but it’s now pretty obviously needed.

1 Like

I also notice that when I delete a layer and then paste it back the layer order changes. This changes the layer priority, doesn’t it? Will cut priority override this? Will Optimization settings even care? What are the rules?

It will change the order. That’s odd though - it should remember the layer ordering. I’ll have a look at that. Wait - Delete and paste, or delete and undo? If you undo, it should remember, if you deleted it, and added it back it will get appended to the bottom of the list again.

I’m likely going to change the way layer ordering happens anyway - I’ve had a few requests to maintain the layer order across runs, so people who do color mapping can just import and go.

I think it was Cut and Paste. So it makes sense but would be nice to have it locked or at least lockable.
Any way to do that right click trick that makes the whole layer flash, any way to do that on a priority list as well?

You mean have everything with the same priority flash? No, not at this time. It’s a relatively new addition, and most people use layers for this, and just use priority to sub-sort within a layer for the things that need it.

I get it. On that note, what happens if I import more colors than are available in LB? How many can I bring in? Will I be able to see them? Will they come import with a specific order like dark to light? Based on RGB values? Other?

As Is I have two to three objects on my models that get re-used layer colors.

Looks like you are about 1/2 way through the available numbers with 18 variations. Does that mean a max of 32 colors available? What happens when the color imported doesn’t match one of those patterns?

I updated that post as it did cut off the complete list. There are 30 valid colors. I have not personally tested an import of more colors than that. :wink:

Ruida hardware has a limit of 32, hence the LightBurn limit.

Hardware limit? I thought the software processed the whole job then sent it as one instruction file. Guess not.

It does, but the Ruida controller accepts jobs in a specific format with layers, and you can alter the layer settings at the controller itself. To conform to what the hardware (and the user) expects, I create files that match the way RDWorks creates files, as closely as possible. I could technically emit an entire job in a single layer, but then you wouldn’t be able to see different layer colors on the display, or change the settings on the controller.

<"…wouldn’t be able to see different layer colors on the display"
I never look at the display on the controller. Well rarely. Anyway, interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.