How to activate the laser constantly for registration marks? Is there any programming for this?

Hello friend of Forum LightBurn, how are you? I have a question and would like a brief answer on this issue: Is it possible to activate the laser constantly, with low power to mark the cross of the registration mark? Because when I activate the “fire”, it only stays on for a few seconds. Is there any programming available? I have an AtomStak X20 for reference. Thank you very much.

Welcome friend!

The fire button is only for testing and verifying control.

When LightBurn controls the laser it will fire the laser according to its programming.

After you connect LightBurn to your Laser Engraver there is a control for Laser Intensity.
There is a Machine Setting for $30 and the assigned value is usually something like $30=1000 or $30=255. It doesn’t matter which value is assigned to $30. In order for LightBurn to correctly communicate the intensity of the laser the Device Setting ‘S-value max’ must be set to the same numerical value.

GRBL controllers, (used with most Atomstack engravers) will down-regulate and lower the power output for the laser when engraving speed commands exceed the maximum speed setting in the controller. It is very easy to do this accidentally by not selecting mm/minute for the engraving speed units in the Settings window.

You now have three windows to check,
Machine Settings: The numerical value assigned to $30
Device Settings: The value for S-value max
Settings: Speed / Grids confirm you have selected mm/minute

1 Like

Hello John Johnson, Greetings friend.
His answer was very enlightening, and I am very grateful for his knowledge. I will apply these posted settings, and get back to you as soon as possible with a brief response, ok?
For now, thank you very much for your help. Success to you.

1 Like

Hello John, good morning. All good?
As promised, I’m going to get back to you that the settings you gave me worked.
Once again, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

2 Likes

This is wonderful news. Thank you for letting me know.
It is great to hear of your success.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.