How to automatically resize variable text within tool-rectangle while keeping aspect ratio

I’d like to auto scale variable text or normal text by setting the outside bounds. The text should expand until one of the bounds is reached.
Normally I would put the center of the tool-rectangle and the center of the text at the xy-position

I don’t believe there’s any way to automatically resize variable text while preserving aspect ratio today.

You can limit the width of variable text by modifying in Shape Properties. There’s isn’t a way of preserving aspect ratio there currently, however. I believe this is set to change for 1.5 series.

I don’t believe there’s any current plan for a bounding box method of constraining area. You may want to put in a feature request if it’s compelling for you.

I tried that option. But It’s only for width, not height. And the aspect ration isn’t preserved. :frowning:

Where Can I find more information about 1.5?

I would be happy with max_width_ratio and max_height_ratio, I was just testing with the tool because I needed something more.

When a public announcement is made there will likely be notes that get accompanied with it.

Ratios might be slightly awkward. Does this imply a sliding scaling model where aspect ratio itself is scaled until the max ratio is reached?

No, It’s just max_width and max_heigth with fixed ratio. Currently the ratio is altered

Oh okay. The naming convention that you used was throwing me off.

Realistically, isn’t height already constrained by the variable text height? I don’t believe text will ever be introduced that’s taller than the specified height.

It is when you use multiple lines.
Using variable text, I want to set 1 or 2 or 3 lines and fill the full height.

I see. That’s getting into desktop publishing type functionality.

I guess as a workaround you could limit to single line entries.

I’d love to but sometimes text is too long and needs to be split. It would be great if lightburn could auto split strings of text. But I understand that would be too difficult and never perfect.

We use the laser at our factory for our own internal use. We mark all sorts of tools to keep track of them. We’re not a jobshop, which is probably what 99% of lightburn customers are.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.