How to control ORTUR laser 2 using python program?

Hi to all,

I would like to know how to control ORTUR laser 2 using the program.
currently, I am trying to find some issue while upload the CSV file to control laser manuvally.
does anyone have answers and ideas please assist me.

thanking you,
Chunduri Srinath

I’m afraid I don’t understand. LightBurn is a program that will control your laser directly. What does a python program have to do with us?

When you say this, are you asking about using LightBurn to read and replace words/names/numbers from a CSV based file, allowing you to merge a CSV file into your design?

If so, this should help a bit more: Redirecting...

CSV / Merge text format: Redirecting...

Hello,

Yes, LightBurn used to control the laser. But the laser is used to engrave only.

For my project, I have to control the laser according to my inputs. Here I need to strike the laser at a particular position only but it was not possible for me to do that.
so, I need to control the laser by writing a program and dump that program to ORTUR laser.

Ex:- I need to take a photo of plants and separated the good and bad plats using green and red dots.
then I will import that image to the LightBurn software and used the laser to strike only red dots.
But it the laser striking entire image. but I don’t need that.
I need a laser to strike only red dots. is it possible to do that by writing program and feed to that.

Thanking you.

No, i am asking to control laser according to my data given in the form of image.

LightBurn has a fairly minimal command line interface through UDP commands to do things like launch the program and launch the program + load a file, but that is about it. You can read about it here:

We do not support the level of scripting you requested at this time.

The Ortur laser accepts pretty generic GCode sent over a serial connection. You don’t really need LightBurn at all for this. You could generate the GCode in your python program and send it directly to the Ortur yourself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.