How to create sketch for a dial?

I think I misunderstood the problem with the #1 line. I understand that to the be first line which I assumed was top. After reading @Dskall’s comment I’m reconsidering that #1 refers to the line associated with the 1 mark.

While possible to scale along one dimension of the rotated shape it’s not particularly straightforward unless the shape is still a rectangle primitive. If so, use width in Shape Properties window to adjust the size. However, those values can often get out of sync with the actual shape size under certain situations. It’s likely faster/easier to recreate the shape.

Here is another strategy for making things easy to align and allow for experimentation:

1. Create all 3 marker styles at the 12 o’clock position. Align, size, and position them as you would like them to appear.
  2. Create the circular array for every line position with the short line
  3. Create the circular array for every desired position for the medium line
  4. Create the circular array for every desired position for the long line
  5. Select all shapes, then weld them so that overlapping shapes merge together.
2 Likes

This method works… I just created separate arrays and deleted the lines I don’t need/want.

1 Like

Now trying to figure out the auto increment feature.

I dont think you can auto-increment on the same part.

Set text type to Serial. For the text area itself, use d or dd. Set Auto-increment to 1. Test the effect in Variable Text window.

I was wondering about this in circular array. Incrementing the numbers in the array?

Yeah, doesn’t work that way. Like if you tried to make a ruler with the array tool, it wont increment numbers.

The increment numbers is if you wanted to make a bunch of parts and put unique serial numbers on them, or read names out of a file for ID badges.

Well, it should. lol

1 Like

Did you follow my instructions? It works as advertised.

1 Like

Searching the forum can provide additional information on this subject. One in particular:

Wow! That’s great!!

I can’t thank you enough for all of the tips!

1 Like

Nice. Is there a font for the zero’s?

Consolas - standard windows font I believe

1 Like

Was confused about the text area part. I will play around with it.
Is this using circular array alone or in combination with variable txt window?

Any time you use any of the variable text types (e.g. serial, merge/csv, date/time, cut setting) the options in Variable Text window come into play.

Getting the hang of it. Thanks

1 Like

Where/how did you get the arrows and lines in the center?

Make triangle, couple of rectangles, weld, duplicate and mirror.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.