How to keep the air on after a cut

Air assist, or the exhaust blower? (there isn’t a setting for either, but I haven’t heard anyone request the air assist stay on before).

The simplest approach would be to add a 10mm line set to zero power, 1mm/sec, as your last layer.

1 Like

Well, I have a relay that provides power to the back of my machine outlets, that I connect my air assist pump and exhaust fan to.

I have the Cloudray Ultimate Air Assist components all set up, and it works great.

I am just trying to figure out how to get the exhaust to stay on for 10 to 30 extra seconds after the run to get the remaining fumes sucked out.

The suggestion above would work then - If you set a layer to 1mm/sec and 0 power, add a line on that layer to the project and the length of the line will be the length of the delay.

1 Like

That just seems a little medieval. :yum: I guess there is nothing more elegant at this time then. Correct?

There is not. In fact, it’s not something I have any direct control over, so even if I was to add an option for this, the code would actually just be outputting a line set up in exactly the way I described to get it to work, or I could potentially insert a “dot” delay with zero power, but effectively the same. The hardware doesn’t have a “wait 10 seconds” command that I can just use.

The only thing you could do to gain you just a hair more time is using the STATUS terminal. The WIND is literally layer, where the STATUS is for the job. It doesn’t shut off until the head returns to where ever it’s going to park. It’s not much, but it is a little more time. Add a time delay relay to the equation and even that becomes irrelevant.

@LightBurn
No worries. I appreciate your help and work around solution.
Is there a way to add this invisible line as a default to all of my projects, or do I have to insert this invisible line in for each project?

You can create a Template file with this in it and use that as your default file. Remember to use ‘Save As’ to not overwrite your template.

1 Like

The only other suggestion I have for the moment would be something like an Arduino that reads the ‘air’ pin and adds a 20 second delay to that to drive your relays. There’s no way to have it auto-added to your projects.

I use:

And

And it works beautifully. It is one of the best “mods” I have made to the machine (right up there with the LightBurn camera).

@Stroonzo

Much appreciated.

Would this delay off relay work:

It could, but this is the one I used (having multiple functions):

@Rick
How do I make a template file? Much appreciated.

He just means that instead of File: New when starting a new project, you’d open a staged template file and immediately Save-As with the intended new project’s name (to preserve the master template).

We offer several ways to utilize a template file.

If you import a lot from other packages and you use consistent colors, you can create a ‘settings template’ to speed your workflow. Your template will open with a set of “ready to go” colors, like “black is scan, blue is mark, red is cut” for a particular use or machine - you can save multiple templates.

If you save an empty file, LightBurn saves all the cut settings. This allows you to set a preferred palette for a given workflow. Load that “empty palette / template” file and all the cut settings are restored.

You can also save a template with designs intended for output or designs placed on the Tools layer for no-output. This can be helpful for art alignment when using jigs to hold workpieces.

1 Like

@Stroonzo

Which setting (A-J) are you using on your delay off relay?

I am guessing it is either E or G

I have a programmable relay.

And it was a pain to get it running. Jeff posted the link :slight_smile:

Mode E is what I have mine set to (as shown in the attached picture of my timer):

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.