How to make my laser more powerful

I am seriously considering an upgrade to my 15000mw engraver. I’ve been reading articles that say that the Chinese units do not have the strength they advertise. So what would I need to do to upgrade my laser to something more powerful?

Is this a diode laser? 15000 mw would be a 15 watt laser, so I am thinking diode. Tell us what you have, make, model, etc and there will be help coming.
Charlie

1 Like

You are right, it is a diode. This is the info I have from the website I used to research it.
Universal Engraver - 15000 mw Blue CNC Laser Engraving
](Universal Engraver - 15000 mw Blue CNC Laser Engraving Machine)

You would need to:

• Buy a more powerful laser module
  • Buy a higher capacity power supply, and
  • Have the capability of removing the old laser and power supply to then install and fit a completely different laser module and power supply on to your exiting hardware.

This website also says that you can cut 3/4 "acrylic with that machine (… you just need their accessories, a router for it !!!)
This fits very well with their statement that the diode has 15Watt.

I am shopping around for a X Tool D1 with 20W optical power. I just want to swap out the diode in my existing to this one. Has anyone ever done a swap out, and how did it go. No willing to throw more money at this engraver until I get some feedback. thanks