How to modify wireing in ACO pump to turn it on/off with lightburn - Ruida 6442/6445

Hello,
I have 2 lasers with Ruida 6442 and 6445
I am ussing 2x Aco pumps as air assist in each of my 2 lasers.
Weak one for engraving and strong one for cutting.
Is there some solution or modification available for turning on stronger pump via lightburn?
First pump will be allways turned on on different power circut. I need solution for turning ON second pump when needed - second pump will have also own power supply.

There is no pneumatic solenoid needed, just ON/OFF for my ACO pump - nothing else. All instructions and kits i found was including air solenoid.
For now i am turning stronger pump manually for cutting, but’s it’s a little bit annoying. I would like to automatize this process.

Thanks in advance

Probably the most simple option is to use an ssr (solid state relay). I used this one from Amazon to turn on/off the ventilation fan/compressor when I first got the machine. However, it should work for you just as well.

On both of the Ruida you have, there is a Status and a Wind sink.

What I mean by sink is that the Ruida completes the ground… So one side of the ssr goes to the 24V and the other side (-) goes to the Ruida sink.

Status goes active (sinks current) when the machine in is run mode. Wind goes active when the layer being executed has air assist enabled.

On your system you could use Wind as a signal for the higher pressure compressor. I don’t know what you do with the low pressure one…

Many of us run the Advance or Ultimate Air Assist or something similar. Using both Status and Wind to allow low pressure to flow when only Status is active and switch to high pressure when Wind becomes active.

I built mine, didn’t buy the kit, but it explains the basics. I have a pair of solenoids and an external air compressor, so the status just turns on the compressors air input to the machine and goes through a restrictor, only to keep the lens free of debris … when Wind becomes active the second solenoid bypasses the restrictor give whatever the compressor is providing.

When I cut most things like mdf, I use 60lbs of pressure… those other compressor are for fish tanks and don’t really produce enough pressure/volume to be useful…

Make sense?

Good luck

:smile_cat:

That make sense :slight_smile: Thank You.
I need Wind mode. Is there somewhere wireing sheme for connecting it? :slight_smile: I don’t have much knowledge in electric circuts, so i don’t want to touch it without scheme :slight_smile:

About 2 pumps. I found solution how to make really strong wind from ACO compressors. They don’t generate much pressure, so original air tubes with small holes are making them weak. If You change tubes for ~ 7/9mm silk tubes, drill larger inlet air connector in laser head, then on the exit You will have really (trust me really) strong wind. I have no burned places when cutting plywood.
Honestly for me it’s more usefull than large compressor with tank. It takes less power, it’s more quiet and can work 24/7.

Have i understood it correctly?
Please see my below scheme :slight_smile:

Compared to this compressor on my input, I doubt it… :rofl:

You probably have a better flow from all the modifications you did… However those compressors are for fish tanks, any ability for higher pressure is traded off for higher volume. Mine only produced a couple of pounds pressure… so I ditched it for more pressure than I can use and plenty of volume. I use it for my air tools also…

My pump was rated at 0.020MPa or, according to Google, about 2.900755e-9 psi… not much pressure … it’s volume output is only rated at 0.038m3/minute… again… not much.

Have fun, take care

Good luck… if you have issues, sing out…

I have last question :smiley:
Have You put diode in Your SSR? :slight_smile:
In ultimate air assist i have seen diodes on scheme.
I wonder if there is also diode needed in this type of relay connection

Solid state relays do not have inductive coils, so they do not need diodes to protect the controller’s internal transistors.

Thank You for help! :slight_smile:
I owe You both a beer :slight_smile:

Snubber, reverse voltage, fly-back or whatever you refer to them as, are small signal diodes and are only required when you have a coil that is energizing, such as my solenoids for air control. They actually come into play when the magnetic field collapses.

A 5V circuit with a relay will create a reverse spike, in this video, it’s about 250V, but the current is very small, so a small signal diode works fine…

When this occurs, there is voltage and current produced… if you can’t drain it, the current changes in to voltage and it climbs… This allows it to destroy small signal and low voltage equipment…

Good luck

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.