How to upgrade firmware from GRBL 0.9i

I have a EleksMaker A3, 500mW laser with a Nano board that has GRBL 0.9i. I hope I got all that right because it is partially Greek to me but I’m trying to learn as much as I can (Please Help…SOS).

I am trying to upgrade my firmware, with no luck, and use Lightburn with hope that it meets what I’m trying to do. I’m trying to burn portraits and other varied shaded images on wood.

I’ve tried upgrading my firmware from grbl 0.9i using Arduino with no luck. I tried T2Laser and got an upload error. I also tried Ben Cut Laser and got a COM port error. The COM port is not open. Please open COM port. Keep in mind that all this is new to me and a lot of google searching got me that far. I don’t even know if I’m going in the right direction with any of this. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Seeking Further Advise
I’m also looking at upgrading the laser to a 3W or 5W laser that will work with my (home assembly kit) setup and have the ability to burn detailed images and cut out leather, wood, and similar items if possible. Advise is greatly appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.