How to use 4 wheel rotary with lightburn

So ive set up my rotary and it spins and all that good stuff but when i go to run my program it spins the bottle a couple times before running and then starts marking in a different area then what i wanted like say if i wanted to mark under where the mouth of the bottle is it now would mark a little to the right of it or maybe even the other side of the bottle.

Is the rotary working correctly with the test button in the rotary gui?

It should rotate the driving wheel one complete turn and back.

What are you using for start from setting?

When I do these on the Ruida, I use start from value of user origin.

When it’s setup, you have to press origin on the machine console to set the user origin…

:smile_cat:

Well said, Jack.
Vincent,
I find it safest to set the origin as dead centre of the box of nine positions, then with the rotary, position the head middle, middle/front, and with luck, the design will be spread evenly both sides of the middle.

Sometimes I’ll use upper middle, which translates as right middle edge, when you sit the rotary left to right on the bed.

Generally, I can’t tell or don’t know where the center of the job is…

I use the center left for job origin. This allows me to center the head over the manufacturers logo or somewhere that I can make a determination of where I want it to be lased, such as opposite the handle.

Whatever works for you, is always the best option … It’s easy to get into a rut that is more time consuming… so try different techniques…

I will sometimes masking tape and object, then run the job at minimum power to mark the tape… That way I don’t waste material…

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.