I can no longer jog my machine

I’m running a D1 Pro 20w laser with frame extensions. I’m using Absolute Coordinates

• Lightburn recognizes my laser
  • I can home the laser using the software x0 y0
  • I can frame my design
  • I can burn my design.

I’ve attempted restarting the machine and the software. I’ve switched usb ports on my pc and restarted everything, careful to always connect the xtool first then open the software application.

No matter what, I can’t use the jogging functions or specify the coordinates and hit the ‘Go’ button.

TIA for any ideas you can think of.
Wes

Is it possible your step size is super small in Move window?

My move distance is set to 0.397 inches. That should be visible. I also have continuous jog set to on.

Try these things:

1. Disable continuous jog and try jogging.
  2. Change the step distance and try jogging
  3. Home the laser and then run this in Console:
G90
G0 X10 Y10

Does the laser move to roughly 10,10?
4. Home the laser and then run in Console:

G90
G1 X20 Y20 S0 F500

Does the laser move to roughly 20,20?

Very similar symptoms in same time frame!

Spent time over Xmas adjusting gantry which was slightly out of alignment. Didn’t get around to using D1 till after Xmas.

Decided to test print 'n cut…

Manually homed gantry;
Began process to jog to reference mark;
Initial ‘right’ move went desired distance horizontally (25mm);
Further ‘right’ jogs inoperative;
Tried ‘down’ jog - moved DIAGONALLY left and down;
No further movements except ‘right’ selection moves right and ul! Then permits ONLY a repetition of this pattern.

Question. Has there been a Win 10 update in this time frame?

Go figure!!!

Just tried above scenario on Laserbox instead of Lightburn. Jogging worked as advertised!

Tried again on Lightburn. Problem seems to have gone! At least for now!

Didn’t mess with any settings or firmware.

Sorry for my delayed response. I tried what you recommended. Commands that I manually enter in on the Console screen are accepted and the machine moves but any of the movement I make on the Move tab does nothing with the laser.

Disable $J jogging in Device Settings. Check to see if that resolves the issue. If that doesn’t work, make sure continuous jogging is also disabled.