I have a question regarding camera use

I think it would be nice if we could use the background as a live camera view also as this would allow to setup several pieces at once. Then we could just do a capture and the live view would be still in the background.

When you say ā€œuse the background as a live camera viewā€, do you mean the corrected version, or just the same image as the preview window? Even the uncorrected version takes a lot of CPU power to capture and display if itā€™s not ā€˜pureā€™ - The next release of LightBurn uses the GPU to do some of the capture work, and displays the preview image as a hardware overlay, so it doesnā€™t use CPU resources.

Having it displayed in the background would take even more CPU than it did before, because Iā€™d actually have to grab the image at full size, not just display the small preview. I could try it, and have it on a periodic timer, like 3 or 4 times a second to reduce the overall load, but I suspect it would still use a lot of CPU.

2 Likes

Yes, that is what i meant.
I use the camera alot, and was doing about 30 engraved cards, if the background was live i could set them up a little easier as i could line them up with the grid

The corrected version takes a considerable amount of calculation to generate, so it would never be ā€œliveā€ like the preview is. I could have a mode where it updates one or twice a second, possibly.

I think that would be awesomeā€¦ Thanks

A work-around that doesnā€™t require a live view would be to cut a piece of cardboard that is secured to the bed. Make the cut using the card outline and each card you place against the cardboard will be properly aligned.

I cut a number of circular drink coasters by cutting a circle in scrap cardboard, added a finger access crescent. Drop the coaster, hit burn, lift and drop another one, boogie on!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.