I have finally finished the design of a box for my Neje

I have started building this design, I have named it Elena’s Box.

3 Likes

I really like that box!! Is that your design or one you are building from the net.
Good job!!!
Randy

Hello Randy Cline.
Yes, it is a design made by me. Would you like to be able to build an Elena’s Box for yourself?

1 Like

I am making plans for my Cherokee Beast, (see post) but it will awhile. I’m still working on C.B… I’m making a console to hold everything inside / on it. Mini PC, mini screen, mini keyboard, air pump, MKS controller and a lot of relays, step down convertors,cooling fans and other stuff. The beast is 39" on the y axis, outside to outside measurements of frame work and the x axis is around 44" wide because of the two y stepper motors. So my box will be made of 2020 ext. alum. framed out to around 44" for the Y length and around 46" on the x. I’m thinking about the lower front half of the box folding down flat while the upper half will be built like your lid. My front upper half of the lid will raise up with the top front half of the box. I’m covering the box with red transparent plexiglass, (65% clear / 35% red tint). This project is down the road a little ways yet, I still have to finish the Cherokee Beast.
You have a really good looking box there !!!
Randy

Hello,
I am glad that my Elena’s Box motivates you for your purposes, thanks for the praise. You will show us your box when you can.
Greetings,

yes, I will. Take a look at my Cherokee Beast post and can picture in your mind what my box will look like just by the looking at the Beast herself.
Randy

Nice presentation…

If you’re building this, I’d suggest you examine the machines internal air flow.

Your intake is below the honeycomb, so air will have to transition from horizontal to vertical and there is little resistance between where it exits the honeycomb to, what I assume is the vent. Air will go in, then up to the vent, completely missing where you need it.

Where you need air flow is across the surface where the laser is working or both top and bottom if cutting.
When I got my 50W China Blue, it would fill up with smoke and it had crud (sorry for the technical term) on the resultant engraving. The machine leaked air into it, which meant there was no real air flow through it.

Part of that was solved by opening the lid about an inch to allow air intake to be in as straight a line as possible to the exhaust.

The other half of the issue went away when the honeycomb went away.

You can see the air flow in this 15 second video of my 40W cutting 5mm sub flooring, stock aquarium pump, stock ventilation fan and the lid fully open. This is really created by the removal of the honeycomb.

I engrave during a scan where the debris is drawn over the material before it’s lased. On my machine bottom up.

Great job, thanks for posting…

:smile_cat:

Thank you Jack Wilborn for your comments, which are very well appreciated. The design is made based on the needs of my hobby to build wallets, that is, to work with leather, which requires a honeycomb table. In any case, if my motivations for using the laser change, the honeycomb table can be removed to work with more rigid materials, leather, due to its flexibility, needs a more effective support surface. The volume of air extraction is less than the volume of air that can enter, it must also be taken into account that the drawer joints also allow air to enter. If we install a motor, as is my case, with a power variator for extraction, we will be able to play with the air flow that we will extract.
Greetings

Hello,I have made some small improvements to my Elena’s Box, handles to lift the honeycomb table, red corners of the drawer so that they are easily visible, logo on the inside, change of color of the smoke extraction collector, although I have some doubts about whether to install linear actuators or not, the ones that would work well are quite expensive and perhaps with a simple counterweight I will also achieve agility to open and close the lid. What do you think?

1 Like

Looks really professional… :+1:

:smile_cat:

Well no, it’s amateur although thanks for the choice.