I have problem Error 5

Hello I Have problem with lightburn.

I used as normal today I burned.

I try again burn 2 hours later but i can’t

I have Error 5

I spend 2 hours looking what’s happend i checked your forum and I found

Error 5 i checked i have automatically return button green and i still have error

I delated everything and i create connection again but still this errors come out.

Lightburn send me this message lightburn[msg:mode=ap:ssdi=laser_4141:ip=192.168.4.1:mac=32-30-f9-79-2d-10] ok error:5 homing cycle is not enabled in your grbl settings.

I hope you can hellp me with this problem

Well, you’re in luck but we need to know one more thing.

If the engraver has stall-guard or limit switches it will be able to automatically home correctly. If this is the case, the Machine Setting $22 should be set as $22=1

Confirm the Machine Settings by typing the following into the Console window in LightBurn:
$$
and press enter.

Scroll back and look at the settings between $20 and $27 and confirm that $22 is what you’re expecting.

These are the GRBL settings. This is a helpful list:

If the engaver is not equipped with some way to detect the travel limit, turn off Automatic Homing on Startup by:

• clicking Edit, then click Device Settings
  • Turn off the switch on the right labelled “Auto-home on startup”
  • Click OK at the bottom of the Device Settings window.

Please let us know what the cause of the error is and how you resolved it.
Thanks!

2 Likes

My problem is that when I put the drawing and start the machine, it disconnects after a few minutes and an error 5 and this message (lightburn[msg:mode=ap:ssdi=laser_4141:ip=192.168.4.1:mac=32-30-f9-79-2d-10] ok error:5 homing cycle is not enabled in your grbl settings) appears. I don’t know what to do. Thank you.

If you are working with a scanned image in LightBurn there are about a dozen details that are essential. It is all too easy to set the line interval incorrectly and generate output data that is large and prone to failure.

Have you used the Laser Tools to generate both a Material Test and an Interval Test? These are minimum first steps as you proceed toward image engraving.

If the drawing was done on a computer and it is a vector drawing, the behavior is very different from an image file. If the structure of the file is not known to you and if you’re willing to share, you’re more than welcome to attach your project file from LightBurn to a post here.

Is your Windows 10 computer connected by USB Cable?

If so, Microsoft has a power-saving mode that turns off unused USB ports after a short period of time. A laser engraver will produce the engraving much slower than the data will transfer. When transferring large files, the Engraver memory can become full and when the engraver tells the computer to wait, the keep-alive time on the USB port will run out before space is available and before more data can be requested.

You may also need to turn off other power saving strategies like a screen saver or screen-lock feature to keep USB data moving.

Error 5 could be generated as part of a restart sequence when the engraver reconnects after a USB Selective Suspend feature disengages.

This problem allows give me (wetting to connected )