I have seen some really cool time-lapse of 3d prints recently that i want to try to recreate with my laser and lightburn

my question is that in 3d printer soft wares there is a feature where you can insert a specific g-code to happen between each layer, I want to figure out a way to do this just after every time the laser moves up the design. I can’t find a way to do this in lightburn, or in any g-code software, I am also wondering what, when I am looking at the g-code, what would the command to move up the set amount look like so that I can find and replace it with the same command plus my custom text, sorry if this is really confusing, I am new to g-code and don’t know how to explain it better.

There are a few websites that have G-Code “translators” you could dig through, this site I’m linking has a list of common G-Code commands and what they mean in a table format.

I imagine that you should be able to do what it is you’re asking, however, I’m not quite sure how exactly, as I don’t modify or touch the G-Code with my machines (they’re DSP controllers)

I hope this helps at least a little :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.