Illustrator Import doubles objects

This topic has been discussed before, but the resolution seems to always have been to use a more recent version of LightBurn. I’m using 1.2.01, with Adobe Illustrator 26.5, the latest version. Every file I import from Illustrator to LightBurn produces double lines for every object. The lines are in the same level and cause my xtool to burn double. I have fill set to null, and my object lines are all set to 1 px. Still doubles everything when imported.

Hi Dan,

Have you confirmed there are no duplicate lines in the .ai file? Would you mind attaching an example so we could take a look?

No duplicates that I can see. The “upload” function here tells me my Ai file in not the right format. I have uploaded the LightBurn file. Is there a way to send you my Ai file?
Double Demo.lbrn2 (93.2 KB)

Just change the file extension to .txt and we’ll change it back to .ai over here to test it.
Thanks!

#1BQuarterInchFamKen.txt (1.2 MB)

I’ve checked your AI file in Inkscape and Affinity Designer (tried in Corel 2018 but it hangs) and it does indeed contain duplicated objects. I get this a lot when exporting CorelDraw designs but fortunately LightBurn has a very handy ‘Delete Duplicates’ command.

Before saving the file from Illustrator try setting your path stroke width/weight to none or 0pt.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. I didn’t know the with could go below 1pt, which is what I’ve been using. Thanks.

That did the trick. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.