Image bigger than workspace

This question has probably been asked before, but I can’t find it. I want to burn an image bigger than the workspace for my Ortur 15w (400x420).

If I make the image the actual size I want it burned, some of it is outside the workspace. When previewing, it says some shapes and lines are outside the machines workspace and will not be sent. Is there a way to send all the shapes and lines that are in the workspace, even if they cross the outer workspace? If not, what is the best way to burn an image that is bigger than the workspace of the laser?

You can burn the part that fits within the workspace, by using image masking (assuming it’s a photo or actual image). If it’s vector shapes, you can cut it into pieces and burn the pieces for re-assembly later, or use registration marks to align them.

Note that the ‘Cut Shapes’ tool does not work on images, but masking does, and could be used with this technique:

Excellent! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.