Images processing in Lightburn

Hi everyone.

I am trying to do some images in lightburn.
My question is why does the image in adjust image window look nothing like the preview.
I can get a image to look realy good in the adjust image window but when i go to the preview window it is realy dark.
Also should an image be converted to a bitmap before adjusting.

Thanks

Images are one of the most difficult things to do …

I suggest you watch the Laser Everything video on photo engraving. I recommend this to anyone as it explains how to select the proper interval for anything you wish to do.

You have to understand what the preview is actually is showing you. It has no knowledge of what material, laser or anything else about your project… it only shows you where the laser will lase.

Generally speaking, you want to use a dither. This is similar to how a printing press works as far as being only able to make a burnt spot or nothing. 256 shades of gray are difficult to obtain with any material… stick with a dither of some type. Stucki is used quite often.

Here’s a thread that may help. You can use the search function to find other information on this site for types of ways to make photographs or something similar…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.