Imported SVG does not show text and graphics when using the fill setting

Hi all,
First time poster here. If I’ve made a mistake posting in the wrong forum please let me know!

So I’ve been designing custom monopoly title deeds as a gift (in fusion360). Did some initial tests and decided to realign the text since it was a little off.
Since then, all my text except for my currency text is not showing up in LB when I’m using the “fill” mode.
When I’m using the line mode everything shows up fine.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to fix it?
I’m using the shaper plugin in Fusion360, but I’ve also exported DXF natively and ended up with the same problem.

I’ve added the two SVG files in here plus a screenshot.

Thanks for any help!

Title deed not working
Title deed working

from what io see in your screenshot you are using the wrong unit, for diode laser better use mm/m and not mm/s that is for Co2.
Can you share the .lbrn file to check?

Welcome. You are in the right place, so everything is good. :slight_smile:

Looking at the first SVG file you shared, I see the design has many duplicate shapes sitting atop each other.

I deleted all duplicates, then added back a duplicate of the outermost rectangle to produce this (see below) as filled:

I share the following to assist in understanding how LightBurn uses shape boundaries to toggle filling. Important for understanding and worth a read.

1 Like

You are a wizard!
I’ve deleted the duplicates myself and it works!
I see where I went wrong now. Most likely I’ve made a copy (by accident) and pasted it right over my original when doing the rework. I can see this is the issue in fusion360 as well.
Fixing this now. Thank you so much for your help!
I’ll read through the resource you posted. Thanks for that addition

1 Like

Wonderful @SpaceCannon. You may note a slight difference when there are duplicate shapes. The selection marque will be different and the shape itself should look a tad bolder/darker, as there are more than one of that shape.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.