Imported SVG ungroups itself

When creating an SVG in Lightburn, I make sure everything is grouped correctly. But when I import that same SVG back into Lightburn (or when someone who purchases my SVG imports it into a different software program), it’s no longer grouped. Is there a way to keep things grouped? Like maybe a “lock” feature that I’m unaware of?

I don’t know that this will affect your results, but have you noted/changed the Edit, Settings, File settings, General Import Settings, “group imported settings” to see if it makes a difference?

It actually looks like I was exporting groups, but filled shapes make this complicated because LightBurn treats everything on a single layer as one shape for the purpose of fills, whether they’re in the same group or not, and SVG doesn’t have a way to do this, so I just flatten everything.

There may be ways to do this if the file is “well behaved”, but I’ll have to look to see if it’s possible.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.