Importing 60 + small name tags

How please do I optimize this process if possible?

At the moment im placing all images with mouse and the trace and then decide what to cut and what to fill, it takes forever.

More info needed as Michael says.

Going on the info we have

Maybe use the array feature to copy the tag and image (Make a group out of the 2 objects)
Then make another array using a Text layer. this will duplicate the same text 60 times, but placed in the correct place in the tags. you will then have to edit each Text to the correct name (assuming they are different)

I ended up importing all of them and did everything by mouse, took a while tho…

Yes, I’ve was looking for a smart way to distribute
them.

Have no clue, but I think I would look at the use of the CSV format in Variable Text

This is from ‘auto advance’ section “If you are running a large batch of parts, names, serial numbers, etc, each time you send a job to the laser the software will advance to the next batch.”

It has a number of automated mechanisms.

:smiley_cat:

I might start with building an ‘Array’ and leverage ‘Variable Text’ for the names, as Jack suggests. Grid Array - Modifier Tool - LightBurn Software Documentation.

The Array would be built from a combination of the results from the originally traced image, which you already set the layers as you’d like, and the outer shape of the name tag itself. Then add the Variable Text elements, setting the text to ‘Merge/CSV’. Redirecting..., and point that to your file of names.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.