In line Extraction fan

So im running an Omtech (upgraded to 60w) laser and i still have the original (usless) built in extractor fan while also using an inline extraction fan… question is ahould i remove the stock fitted fan and just use my inline or should i use both?
Ive attached a photo!

When a prop airplane loses an engine, it’s standard procedure to feather the prop. It adds lots of drag to the air stream…

Make sense?

:smile_cat:

2 Likes

Rip that lump out:

Getting rid of that huge obstruction in the middle of the duct will dramatically improve the airflow.

I live in Florida, so after I ripped mine out of my 60W I mounted it on the bench, aimed at my face. Don’t like to throw anything out, I’ll reuse it if I can.

2 Likes

If you want to recycle the fan then put it in your laser, opposite side of extraction and turn it so that it sucks air into the machine. It can help to “get” the amount of air that your new extraction transports out. Remember, the same amount of air is needed as sucked out, or you get negative pressure and not the effect you expect.

Sounds like a good idea but id have to cut a massive hole in wall lol

Looks like im gonna rip out then and see if there is any improvement! I mean i have good ventilation as it is but when the missis is working out there shes always complaining that its not ventilated enough! So i was thinking maybe it was an obstruction

It was no problem in my OMT 60 watt laser, here I can dismantle the entire left side, is inserted with screws. I just made a new plate/door with my new laser in 6 mm plywood, with appropriate hole for the extraction hose and closed the original hole with a slice and tape.

What a good idea

If you can use a picture then I can make it. :+1:

The reason for moving my extraction was that there is no space for an Ø110 tube on the back. BTW, recommended is 160, but with a good fan there are no problems with Ø110 - here with me.