Incomplete lines in engraving

Hello,

I engraved some text and logos today and had a lot of skips in the line. I sent the file to a friend and he had the same issues. He sent me a file and it carves perfectly.

I made a simple test of “CDC” in Times New Roman just under 1" high. The preview showed missing sections of each letter. The text was created, in Lightburn, using the text tool.

I uninstalled and reinstalled LightBurn with no improvement.

All of the text in the first file was created in LightBurn and the logos were creating, in LightBurn, by tracing a PNG file. If you zoom in on the text and the logos, there are no missing areas but the preview, and the engraving, show missing sections.

I have been using Vectric products for 10 years and am fairly computer savvy but this has me puzzled.

Im was going to post a picture but I cannot find a method to do that. Copy and paste did not work.

Thanks,
Dave C

You should be able to copy images and paste them directly into the forum editor. Dragging and dropping an image file should also work. There is also an upload button in the toolbar.

Until you can post an image I’m going to assume that you have Tabs/Bridges configured in the Cut Settings. Check there. If enabled, disable it and this will likely resolve your issue.

As @berainlb identifies, check that Tabs / Bridges is turned off. I would also check the Fill settings for Line interval. If too far apart, the fill happens, but the result will look like something is missing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was the TABS setting. I copied to a new layer and the problem disappeared so I went through each layer to determine the difference.

Thank you for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.