Inconsistant cutting results on Gweike

Really starting to dislike my Gweike. I print the same file on the same type of wood (home Depot 1/8” sanded plywood). The engravings are consistent. The last step is cutting out the shape. See attached screenshot of settings. It cuts through about 40% of the time. I’m trying to mass-produce something and have wasted a ton of time and wood. It should easily be able to cut through this wood. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

It is not kosher to have multiple posts with the same question. It wastes peoples time addressing the same issue in multiple places… Maybe @JohnJohn can fix it …

https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/trying-to-setup-my-clear-on-a-gweike-cloud-pro/87062/39

Start a new thread… it’s hard to find anything in 40+ posts in the same thread.

Do you have a mA meter on the machine?

Can you check the tube for TEM0 state of resonance?

Can you get a paper target in between the tube and mirror 1 (m1)?

:smile_cat:

Oh… So sorry! I am unfamiliar with this forum software. I thought that I was communicating in one through a private message. My bad. Of course, that is bad etiquette.! :frowning:

1 Like

I’m quite grateful for this happy accident. It makes a natural break to append the end of the previous thread as the subject changed…

Thanks!

I’m getting terrible results cutting. 1/8" sanded plywood. Sometimes it cuts all the way through. More times it does not penetrate at all. These are the settings I used.` Seems like it should be easy.

Are you doing the LightBurn Material Tests for curating a Cut Library? They should give you an indicator what works and what doesn’t - It kinda sucks to waste half or maybe an entire sheet for tests but consider it an investment into your sanity for getting good results when it counts :grin:

Also riding right against the threshold will probably end up in requiring recutting at the most inappropriate times so maybe consider pre-emptively backing down a bit on speed ( dunno… 5-10%? ) regardless of how well the Material Test may have run to account for differences in materials - Especially organic ones like Wood.

Isn’t the above setting slow? I did find the old-school workaround. Turn it off and back on. Works fine :slight_smile:

Turn it off. Turn it back on. It works. fine. Settings are not the issue. Maybe the next firmware update?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trying to setup my clear on a Gweike Cloud pro

Either I have overlooked it or you have not stated how many Watts your machine is on. What does your 90% correspond to?
Your speed, 5mm/sec, to cut 3.2mm plywood?? Either your focus is not ok or you have a problem with your tube.

Thank you so much!
I got a Gweike Cloud. It is a 50-watt C02 laser. Gweike has made industrial lasers for 18 years and this is their first consumer laser. They obviously are not accustomed to selling products to mend-users. Since it first shipped, owners have noticed that Gweike changes components without telling anyone. I guess they figure that it is best for the consumer. Problem is that a person who has the same laser, may not get the same results. I have the latest rev (as far as I know). I am not getting the same results as others.

Is there a (milli)Ammeter installed in your machine, if so, how many mA does it show at 50% power setting in LightBurn?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello! I’ve set up a post with all the info I’ve gathered on using the Gweike Cloud with Lightburn here:

I have a feeling that maybe your set-up could be different to my above and perhaps it’s not homing correctly after each job, so it’s out of focus when you go to cut again. If you have some pics of the results you’re getting I might be able to say with more certainty, but you could also check to see if you’re using the same set up as what I lay out in that post.