Inconsistent Fill Engraving

Hi Guys,

I’m having a weird inconsistent fill issue when I burn. Primarily I use bamboo to engrave on. When I do smaller sections it does not seem to have any affect but when the pieces get bigger it becomes apparent .

Here are two examples of pieces that for some reason has darker sections, and they are noticeably different.

I have tried a fill and an image, they all come out the same.

Fill Settings:
Image Settings:

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

The issue is that you’re using bamboo. Many people think that bamboo is wood. It is not, it’s a grass and it behaves differently than wood. Even on wood you get some inconsistencies of color when burning different grain types, but with bamboo it’s more difficult to predict the results.
The board is assembled from pieces laminated together and each piece burns differently. If you note, the changes in color happen at a seam in the surface. There is nothing you can do to get a consistent color in bamboo without other processing, such as paint fill or stain after the burn.

2 Likes

This is Material driven

Bambu grain is notorious to give inconsistent engraving

Also your DPI is way too high and excessive. Anything over 300 is just making you spend too much time on the engrave by overlapping the lines

1 Like

Thanks all, I was hoping that was not the case, but I appreciate the info.

2 Likes

I too discovered this trait with bamboo cutting boards. Fortunately, I was able to ungroup the letters and burn the light ones again.

Cut selected graphics is the perfect application for this!