Inductive Switch as door protection switch

I have a large bed omtech and one of the door protection switches was broken. It has two for some reason. I am wanting to use the other induction switch as the new door switch. Can I plug its signal wire into the Dr Protect pin without frying it? I also want to wire it to a key switch to override during alignments or while using the print and cut feature. Does anybody have any input on this? TIA!

Where is the second one wired?

Seems odd for it to have two, with one being unused…

You can plug anything into that input that pulls it low when active. If it goes high while the machine is operating, it will halt.

:smile_cat:

Honestly I’m not really sure yet. It’s hard to shut down production and start chasing wires. I believe it’s hooked up to 2 different relays that also control some LEDs on the machine. I’m working on changing how those work as well. I want the red light on during operation, and the green light on when it’s idle. I know how to wire everything from scratch but now I’m just trying to figure out how they wire everything into the 8pin relays. I think some things are switched on the negative wire and some are switched on the positive. Always appreciate the input jack!

Most of the control input is pulled low for active…

Mine is not wired up with the extras, so for a good ‘guess’ I’d have to know how it’s wired or you could be in trouble…

I’ve seen so many variations I’m reluctant to advise you…

It sounds like you have the status lights on your machine, is that right?

That’s not related to the lid switches…

Photo looks like a relay… I don’t have any of those in my machine… So I don’t know what you’ve got…

The door switches were wired into the relays and the led lights. The relays have multiple NO/NC pins. It’s an omtech with red, green, and yellow “status lights.” Green means the machine is on (but the switch illuminates green too.) Now that I think of it the red was only controlled when the door opened. So it was actually all tied into that. :laughing: In the almost two years of running it, I have never seen the yellow led light up. It’s been a while since it broke and I just bypassed in software. I added a foot pedal and want the safety switch to work. I have big feet :joy::joy: I’ll update once I put some time into it.

I think you’re working with these relays on the bottom of the diagram with the relays in the bottom center…

Screenshot from 2023-02-23 06-51-43

Check out this link for information that may help you with these outputs…

They are not programmable, at least by the end user… I think this is what you are dealing with…

If not… speak up…

I finally got it wired up how I want. They had one proximity sensor wired to operate the red light when the lid was open. It now cycles red/green during a job. And the yellow turns on when I turn another key switch that bypasses the door interlock. All of the components were already there, and i’m not sure why it wasn’t wired that way to begin with… :laughing: Thanks again @jkwilborn

Great, I’m glad it’s operating the way you want… If this is the resolve, mark the thread solved …

Take care