Initial configuration and setup of Wainlux JL3 Pro

Hello. I’m a hobbyist with three Atomstack A5 Pros. I make small holiday ornaments for my kids school as a fundraiser. Recently I acquired a new-in-box Wainlux JL3 Pro machine, and I’m struggling setting it up.

I was able to put it together (I think correctly?), but when I turn on the machine, it tries to go to home, but it never stops, so you get that grinding noise where the motor is continuing to turn, but there is no physical space to move to.

With my Atomstack lasers, wherever you turn on the laser is the “home,” or I can set Home the current position in Lightburn. But that doesn’t seem to be the case for the Wainlux? If anybody can help or has any advice, I’d really appreciate it!

If the machine is trying to home I assume this means that the machine is expected to have homing limit switches. This would be in contrast to your A5 as you say.

Look for a pair of mechanical switches on your laser. The Y-limit is likely to be mounted to the frame on the homing corner. The X-limit is likely to be mounted on the homing side of the gantry or possibly on your laser head assembly.

While the machine is off move the laser over to the switches and make sure they can properly engage. Make sure nothing is impeding their activation. If so, adjust the machine to allow the switches to be activated.

If there are no switches make sure the machine is not meant to have them included. It’s possible to change the machine to behave mostly like your A5 assuming the controller allows for GRBL configuration changes but I’d be surprised if they shipped the machine setup entirely incorrectly.

1 Like

Thank you! The instructions did not include information on what those were. I had extra screws that the instructions never told me to use, so that (finally) made a lot of sense.