Installed C3D laser board, installed device, shows disconnected

I was able to install the Cohesion 3D Laser Board, and attempted to set it up on Lightburn I went and added device, and it found it (Smoothie) and the COM port but when I look at the device settings afterwards after I load an image, it shows “disconnected” and I cannot home the device or run the device.

When hit the “play” key, the program pops up message
'there was a problem sending data to the laser. The device may be busy or paused."

I know this might be a novice question and I must be missing a step somewhere. How can I make sure that the device is ready, or what do I need to check? Does the switch to activate the water pump need to be on? I have a separate outlet for that, and it is not on the laser.

Thanks in advance.

Right-click on the “Devices” button to cycle the connection.

You might need to manually choose the COM port - sometimes the auto-connect doesn’t work.

Thanks guys. I found the problem. I was using the trial app on a corporate laptop. The security settings on the corp laptop have the USB ports locked down. I used my personal laptop, and it works fine.

Sorry about that!

I was not aware that things could be locked down to quite that level. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised…

Yeah, they have them buttoned down pretty tight - especially in our industry, and I didn’t think about the physical ports. Windows Group Policy can get pretty detailed on what the user can use, see or edit.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.