Installing a laser module on another machine?

Good afternoon folks :wave::grin:

I would like some help on functionality cross/between machine/module installations…

Well, I bought an NEJE 3 Max, and it happened that in less than 3 months my laser module (diode) a40640, does not burn anymore, it is so weak that even at 100% it is as if it were -5% on lightburn…and i dont know why :disappointed_relieved:

The thing is, I’m thinking of buying another module, maybe from sculpfun…and I would like to know if it would work. Does anyone know if I buy a laser module from sculpfun or two trees or zba…etc, if so, would it work? Does a laser module work in the “structure” (machine) from Neje 3 Max?

Thanks in advance :pray:t2::relaxed:

There is only three lines to most laser modules. Power, ground and pwm.

You can swap modules and as long as you have enough power it should work… By enough power, I mean the power supply for the laser.

I’ve had the 30W version of your laser and it’s been great… here it is on a jl1 laser from Cenoz. Left is the stock machine comparing the new laser module with the original one. On the right is the finished conversion…

I think I’d suggest you keep the same module…IMHO…

The toughest part is … when it doesn’t just ‘mount’ up… There are no standards for where the holes go or anything else… If you notice in the photo, I had to design/cut out an acrylic mount for mine.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Did you regularly clean it? I can’t say much about Neje modules, but all modules I know have to be cleaned very regularly to remove all dirt from the lens. Especially, if you don’t use an air assist. Here is a guide I made for Sculpfun, but I think most things can be considered general: Guide to mechanical adjustments and maintenance

I have to clean it more than the big machine, but the big machine has air assist that helps keep the optics clean.

I’ve been using a ‘big’ fan to move the debris away from the engraving and that’s been pretty successful. Some materials seem to get into the lens area more than others.

I think air assist would be great, but I’m not going to that extreme for these little guys.

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.