Is lightburn compatible with ASUS Chromebooks

is lightburn compatible with ASUS Chromebooks

It depends… does it have an ARM or x86 processor? Asus makes both. If it’s ARM, it will not work as we only support x86 CPUs.
Beyond that, it’s a solid maybe. Chrome OS is technically Linux but it’s missing a bunch of normal Linux stuff and what is missing is different depending on the model and version of Chrome OS.

Officially, we do not support Chrome OS - Only Ubuntu and Fedora in the Linux realm.
You are certainly welcome to download the trial and give it a shot. We just can’t make any guarantees when it comes to Chromebooks. There are too many variables.

Will any laptop with windows, windows 10, 10 S, run lightburn and is 32gb ssd ok or do i need 64. Thank you for your help. I want your software and have made one incorrect computor purchase already

LightBurn itself doesn’t require a very powerful computer. 32gb for storage is a bit small, but that really depends on what else you plan to use - if you only install Windows and LightBurn, it might be fine, but if you install other software for designing, or download a lot of graphics files, you’d probably want the larger drive.

i bought a windows 10 computer with 64, I downloaded your free trial and was told it will not run in S mode. Windows very strongly recommended not to take it out of S mode. Among the items protected, once I get out of S mode, I cant go back. Is there a version of lightburn that will run in S mode?

Here is a pretty good write-up on How-To-Geek about S mode.

What I got out of it is “S” mode is good for students, schools and business’s that want to keep a very tight lid on what you can and can’t do with the PC. “Safe and secure” because you can only run apps from their app store. This is kind of like treating adults like kids. I believe if you are careful about what you download (like all the rest of us try to be) you should be ok. Anyway, read the article and see what you think. Just my two cents.

LightBurn does not have a version for S-mode. You would have to actually purchase it through the Microsoft store in order for it to work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.