Is the camera worth the $100.00

I am trying to justify purvhasing a camera to go with my Atom S10 but so far what I have seen on You Tube is how to set the camera up. I had it in my mind that I could download a picture to the camera and it would project the image for Lightburn to burn but this is not the case, do I need to be that exact as I am not building watch parts.

If you do not have the option of positioning a camera very stable and static in relation to your machine bed and you are not the tolerant type that can find and spend the time it takes to fine -tune that camera to a laser machine, then I would not recommend it .
The camera must not be able to move, not even a half mm, or it cannot be used for serious work with lightburn and a laser machine.

But, if you invest the money and time it takes and does it right, you have a Precision tool that can ease your workflow tremendously.
Reproducible positions with a few tenths millimeter variance make it possible (for me) that I can add or change detils on ekistering workpieces. I would assume that I have reduced my waste of materials by 10-15%just by using the camera to place components strategically on my machine bed.

It doesn’t work quite that way.

The camera takes a picture of whatever is on the laser platform, LightBurn shows that image on the workspace, and you can then position whatever you’re cutting to match the material shown on the workspace.

So, for example, when I converted an old towel into shop wipes, the camera showed this image of the platform on the workspace:

After cutting those nicely rounded rectangles, the platform looked like this, as taken with my phone camera:

You can take a picture with the camera, have LightBurn trace it as it does with any image, then cut those vectors, but I haven’t tried doing that.

My Laser is mounted to a movable table with wheels as I do not have the room for staitionary also the clamping apperatus leaves a lot to be desired as there is noway that I could get it tight enough to hold fast I would most likely break the plastic knobs.
Thank you

This is what I have and it works fine.
HD Autofocus 8MP 4K 3264 X 2448 Mjpeg Mini USB2.0 Webcam Board CMOS IMX179 Sensor UVC OTG USB Webcam Module For Windows Android - AliExpress

Thank you , if I am going to give this a go might as well be at a decent price. Has anybody tried to use a tripod instead of the stick and boom method.?

Tripod doesn’t seem practical. You need a straight down view and if it moves you will have to recalibrate it, which is a pain.

My S10 Pro is on a roller table so I can move it out of the way when not in use but looking at the AC1 and the mounting hardware I have a hard time beleiving that this is stout enough to keep the camera from moving even with a staitionary bench, If I may ask how did you mount your camera?
Jim

I’m using a 1080p webcam and been looking to get something with better resolution. Is it truly 4k? In the reviews there is at least one person who claims it is only 1080p.

Probably not, but for $20 bucks it works better than the 5mp I had.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.