Is the galvo version of Lightburn worth the money?

Is it buggy? Lacking? What do you think?

Thank you.

I should warn, full disclosure - I am a little bias, but I will offer to address your questions.

It is software, so yes, there will be issues that arise from time to time. As for “buggy”, we work very hard to thoroughly test every version prior to release. First - we heavily tested internally, and in the case of our recent Galvo release, we ran a private / closed - external beta for several months prior to having our usual / regular external beta team help hammer out any additional anomalies found. For Galvo, we went even one step further. We had an open-public beta running for an additional 2 weeks prior to the formal release, as an extra measure to ensure it was ready. We do not provide ‘date certain’ release times for this very reason. We release only when we have a high degree of confidence the release is stable and working as expected.

Once a version is released, we jump on any and all reports received as soon as they come in. We engage with the reporting member(s) to get as much information as possible, to reproduce, confirm, fix, and start the testing cycle for a follow-on release. Many times, this includes direct interaction with a member of the dev team. We are a relatively small group with a strong desire to build products we would use. This ‘quality’ stuff really matters to us. You can witness, what many consider, the successful results of this process for yourself. To help in your evaluation, I share our release history, found on our main site here;

https://lightburnsoftware.com/blogs/news

This one is a bit more challenging for me to address without a little more as to your exact meaning. Please don’t hesitate to fill in some more detail and I can go from that, or better yet, we do have a way for you to look into and address this question directly for yourself. :slight_smile:

We offer a full-featured (only limited by the time you have to use), 30 Day Free Trial, allowing you to evaluate LightBurn in your environment to ensure things meet your needs prior to purchase.

To assist further, I share the Galvo section of our documentation as a starting point, along with a link to our YouTube channel with other training / learning content.

And as always, please let us know what you think. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Most products and services are usually lacking in some way or another. I just wanted to know if anyone, with enough experience, thought it needed more attention. I just want to know as much as possible before spending more money. That obviously goes for anything I spend money on. I have EZCAD2 and learned enough about it to get stuff done, but very soon I’ll be doing work with my lasers regularly and just want something to work with that’s not as annoying as EZCAD2. I can provide examples of how EZCAD is lacking LOL. I’m sure we all can.

Anyways, I’ll give LB Galvo a shot.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.