Is there a way to update the current settings and continue from the current position?

Title says it all. :stuck_out_tongue: Or to be more specific, can I change the laser output and continue the burn?

This isn’t at all clear enough. Why did the laser stop? Who is stopping you from continuing? If you want to pause the engrave, change settings, then resume it, then no, I don’t think you can do that. Maybe if you told us what you’re trying to accomplish, we can come up with a feasible solution.

I have a very slow machine, I am working on a known photo trying to get dpi, and greyscale at the right levels. Since I chose a photo that has lots of details in the middle of the picture,I basically wanted to alter settings (speed,dpi, laser power) while I am at the detailed part of the photo. Nothing is stopping the laser, I am just impatient.

There isn’t a way to do this at this time. GRBL has commands that will let you adjust speed in real time, but they’re not supported by LightBurn for now. LightBurn builds up the job to be sent in memory, then streams that, so you’re free to start a new file and work on it while it’s being sent.

1 Like

Crop the image.

2 Likes

Edit your GRBL to only execute the section you’re interested in. Cut away the flab, as it were.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your time!

I think a good way to perfect this is to create a gradient pattern that you can print at the edge of the material, just outside where you put the picture… And use that to dial in the power settings for the material. As for the photo itself, you’ll want to pay attention to the histrionics graph in your photo editor software, and when you find what works good, make note of that.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.