Is there something similar for lasers like octoprint/mainsail for 3d-printers?

Are you sure that the serial port is accessible? All user rights are correctly set?
Any mainboard should work with OctoPrint, the serial connection is the same on any board, no matter if it’s the original 8bit board or the newer 32bit boards.

the crap hasn’t been running for me for months either. i think debian/raspbian changed something with the ports. but it wasn’t really usable when it was still running. that’s why i didn’t even bother to get it running again. the plugin for the laser is rather mediocre and octoprint is a disaster anyway and i don’t use it for the printer anymore. mainsail/klipper is light years better.

@miskev - yeah, it was all about how and who were creating /dev/ttyUSB0 file, well, not sure what exactly I did, but it works now. It seems like udev creates that file. Bot sure because yesterday I had the same udev rules and they didn’t work.

so, after resolving this issue with the /dev/ttyUSB0 file everything works fine.
I have S9 in my garage connected to RaspberyPI running Octoprint. Plus, raspberry shares USB port over IP, so I have Lightburn on my laptop being able to get connected to S9 machine in the garage over my home wifi.
I connect with Lightburn to S9, make sure everything is alignment and ready for the cut, when I export gcode, switch to octoprint, load the gcode there, and run the code. I don’t do cuts from Lightburn because it talks to S9 over wifi, which is not reliable way to do 2 hour job.

1 Like