Issue with drawing border

Hey everyone. Having a difficult time trying to figure out how to round corners out. I drew the brown shape with a rectangle tool, then made a radius for the corners, then used the boolean feature to make the cut outs and then offset to thicken the line. Problem is I am left with some sharp corners in the areas I circled in green. Anyone know a better way of drawing up this frame border so I can achieve the look I am going for without the sharp points?

Thank You in Advance

-Adam

What you want is a fillet tool, and it’s being worked on, but not completed yet:

However, there is a way to fake it with the offset tool. Offset the shape by the desired corner radius, using round corners, then offset it back again, like this:

Original:

Offset outward:

Result:

Offset this back inward again:

Result:

You’ll notice the inward corners now have a 10mm radius:

Repeat the process going inward, then outward to do the outer corners. Inward first:

Then outward:

Result:

1 Like

It looks like a lot of steps, but with the ‘Select resulting objects’ and ‘Delete originals’ set it really only takes a few clicks.

1 Like

Thank You for the reply. Looking forward to the feature being added. I already went ahead and made a new one in illustrator. But great idea on using the offset twice. I will keep that in mind for the next one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.