Issue with first laser project

Hello everyone, new user here. I’m attempting to cut out a template for a RC plane, and am having an issue. Whenever I attempt to start cutting I get the following error:
“G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained.”
I’ve tinkered with the laser a bit before this project by just cutting out squares so I can figure out the power/speed settings for the wood I’m using and it’s always worked fine. My project is all inside of the 180x180 machine area, which I confirmed by doing a select all to make sure I didn’t have any stray pieces floating around.
One thing I did notice is that when I click on “Go to Origin”, the laser moves to X: 0.00 and Y: 50.0. I’m unsure why its doing this or how to correct it if it’s causing the issue. Thanks in advance for any help!

What machine do you have? How are you homing it? What corner do you use for home?

Aufero Laser 1, homing it with the home button on lightburn (it has limit switches), using lower left corner

In move window what does get position report x,y values at home position?

After I home it, it reports back all 0’s if i click the get position button.

Don’t know if this will help

ft power pod cut 1.lbrn2 (11.9 KB)

Maybe this info will help, which applies to GRBL in general. The second post has the details…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.