MKS-DLC-V2.0 and homing

does anyone use this controller?

The homing doesn`t work with this controller, the settings are enabled, it works with an eleksmaker controller but not with this mks.

I am Using an PWM Laser, it is connected to the ± power supply on the board an the yellow pwm cable is connected to the s pin near the motor connection on the board, is this wright? i am using an 20w pwm laser.

thx in advance
Nick

[Update to use G10 L2 P1 Xxx Yyy as better solution]
Hello, I also just switched to this board. Not sure what exactly is your problem, but I am sharing my experience here, since found that I need some additional trick to make it work for me. I assume the GRBL is 1.1 and already modified the GRBL code as according to this link [https://github.com/grbl/grbl/issues/1271].

Here are the issue I encountered at the beginning:

1. Use default Home to max location (x340, y464) and it will mis-calculable the home location not matter what I changed to $130-132 :frowning:
  2. Once Changed the default and Home to x0,y0, its world/machine position does not work correctly. So it will not able to move to exact location based on the absolute machine location.

After I read through the doc https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/CommonGrblSetups.html I found that I can just use “G10 L2 P1 …” command to shift the X/Y to positive and to the dimension of my machine (somehow its different form my $130-$132 position), and it works, since it shifted the view point of the GRBL’s CNC negative coordination system to positive.

So just do
G10 L2 P1 X[at Home] Y[X at home]

Like my machine I measured them as X=343 and Y=470 (my far up right), I will enter the following:
G10 L2 P1 X-343 Y-470

When I do go Origin, it will go to my 0 as expected :slight_smile:

Here is what I change to my config.h

// NOTE: Defaults are set for a traditional 3-axis CNC machine. Z-axis first to clear, followed by X & Y.
//#define HOMING_CYCLE_0 (1<<Z_AXIS) // REQUIRED: First move Z to clear workspace.
//#define HOMING_CYCLE_1 ((1<<X_AXIS)|(1<<Y_AXIS)) // OPTIONAL: Then move X,Y at the same time.
// #define HOMING_CYCLE_2 // OPTIONAL: Uncomment and add axes mask to enable

#define HOMING_CYCLE_0 ((1<<X_AXIS)|(1<<Y_AXIS)) // NOT COMPATIBLE WITH COREXY: Homes both X-Y in one cycle.

2 Likes

Thx for this perfect Information!!!

Regards
Nick

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.