Issue with Weld and overlapping shapes when using the material library

I have a welded shape like so:

This creates my expected output of:

I now want to add a cut on top of this like so:

But when I do this it undoes the “weld”:

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug?

I’m using a Rudia controller with 1.2.00

P.S. Thank you for adding in tool layer import again, I don’t think it was in the release notes though:

Edit: The issue seems to be when BOTH layers are linked with the material library, if I unlink either layer the issue goes away and behaves as expected.

Regards,
Rich

What do you mean by cut here? As in you want to cut through along that line?

If so, then you’ll need to put that on a different layer and set to line.

Actually it was mentioned like this:

[Oz] Added setting to enable importing shapes to tool layers
1 Like

Correct, but this is what I’m doing, my fill is layer 20, and my cut is that orange circle which is layer 05 and set to line.

Edit: Just to be more clear, I want to engrave then preform a cut on top of the engraved area.

Woops guess I’m blind haha my bad

Can you take a full screenshot of LightBurn with your design and Cut window showing?
Or upload the .lbrn file for review.

I made a mockup and don’t get what you’re getting.

Here’s a screencap:
https://file.io/XlC1QxwmiKdz
Test.lbrn2 (22.1 KB)

This is odd. I’ve changed nothing and this is what I see on Preview:

1 Like

Ok I found the issue, and I guess it means it is a bug, if the layers are linked in the material library this happens, if I unlink the layers the issue goes away

Edit: Leaving either layer unlinked the issue goes away, it seems to only happen when both layers are linked

I am not able to reproduce what you are saying. I load your file and while I do not have your library, I did link both layers with my own entries (this is why the fill looks different) and this processes as I’d expect.

Screen Cap:

Material Lib:
https://file.io/Cre6rSnm3Y5Q

By the way the it won’t let me upload .clb files here so I had to use file.io

If there is anything else I can send your way let me know

Edit: I played some more, the issue is when on my FIll layer I have “Fill shapes individually” checked, if I change to Fill groups together the issue goes away

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Investigating further. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been able to reproduce this here. Looking into it now.

3 Likes

This is fixed for the next update.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.