Issues with Letters

Alright I have tried everything I can think of and I am stumped… The red is set to fill causing the problems.

Anyone know how the hell to fix this?

It will not weld everything together, I did “break apart” everything while I was trying to fine tune some stuff. And now it won’t weld the letters back together correctly.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1O9cKNLiiBXGKV19LEgLJJJRrMoIue2rn

“Break Apart” means “shatter this thing into all the little lines and curves that make it up”. To reconnect it all, select it, ungroup, and use Edit > Auto-Join selected shapes. (your google drive requires permission, so I couldn’t view the file)

“Weld” doesn’t work on things that are just lines - it keeps the overlapping areas of closed shapes.

Yeah I figured out the weld thing after making the post. I tried auto join and I think it was just too shattered to repair. I ended up typing all new letters. Now I know to be careful with “break apart”. Thanks for the reply!

If you haven’t moved anything, Auto-Join will work - I use it, along with Break Apart, to re-assemble shapes if node editing has messed them up. You’d have to un-group it all first, but that should be all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.