Issues with lightburn / MacOS / Ruida

I need to borrow your hubby LOL! I have a google wifi (round one, not the newer nest) I’ve tried plugging the ethernet into it from the laser however I can’t see it anywhere on the Google home app so not sure what I’m doing wrong nut obviously missing something.

I will try to ask him later and let you know if it makes sense I will try to pass on the information :slightly_smiling_face:

You’re very kind! Thank you!

The photo I posted is a bridge that connects your wifi to the laser. Less than $20 bucks… :slight_smile:

No wiring or router needed…

so you connect the ethernet cable to the bridge which is wirelessly connected to your network?

Yes, exactly. It’s just a wireless extension of your existing WiFi network.

from boss laser tech support:

The LS-1420 that you received from us back in early May 2020, at the time, we didn’t install the TP links (wireless router) in the machines. So because of this, the machine doesn’t show up on your Google WiFi because there isn’t a wireless router in your machine.

You can, however, can still hook up your machine to a router using an Ethernet cord so that other PCs/Macs can connect to it if they are also connected to the same router.

So without a router hooked up to the machine, you can not connect to the machine via WiFi.

Boss just told you the exact same thing we did. :slight_smile:

Ok, so to pass along what I did, just like I did boss.

I connected an ethernet cable to the controller where it says ethernet. the other end was plugged into the google unit. When checking the google unit for attached devices the laser does not show up. Is the cable not plugged into where it says ethernet on the controller?

You will have to assign a network address for your laser/Ruida. They are not just assigned this address the way other devices can (no Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol [DHCP] support). This is done through the HMI panel on the laser, following these instructions.

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You did it! Thank you so very much for taking your time to explain it to me, you are awesome!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.