Issues with new update

Hello

I’m new user to LightBurn,
I have one question and one update to in issues I have seen since the last update

My machine is outer Master 2 20w
1- I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong when I test anything for example on wood

For example
I’m filling a box using
Speed 3100
Power 45%
Overscanning is On 2.5%
(NM) 0.160
Scan angle 30%

The lines are burn perfect!

Now I important an image
With the same setting same wood nothing is coming/burning

I have to change everything for example

Speed 2000
Power 100%
And the rest the same To get barely dark image.

Again my apology if I’m asking the wrong question is this right or I’m doing something wrong or it’s the my machine

2- after the last update if I press pause and try to on pause the laser will not fire back up I have to stop and start over.

1. Is the image pure black and white, or a shaded graphic? If you import a picture, the settings for them are quite different, and include DPI and other things like dither mode (or grayscale) which affect the output.

2. This is a bug in the Ortur firmware. They’re aware of it and working on a fix.

ok so here some of the pictures i try

i’m having the same problem, it just a solid burn with no details no matter what my setting are and sometimes it wont let me load an image it gives me alarm 2 and shutdown.

This is not a helpful way to word your problem, because it contains no information. If you can tell us what settings you tried, or what range, then we can probably tell you what’s wrong.

This looks like it was processed using one these “magic tools” like Imag-r or a Photoshop script. Since the image is processed outside of LightBurn, and already dithered, you need to turn on ‘pass through’ in the image settings. Otherwise LightBurn will be applying all of its own image processing and dithering to this image. Setting the pass-through option turns that all off, but it limits what you can do with the image once it’s in LightBurn.

thank you for you help
i have one more issues and this one is it happen more then 4 time now not sure why

the machine keep stopping not finishing the pictures

here the code got

ok

ok

ok

ok

Homing

[AUTHOR: RenShen]

[MODEL: Ortur Laser Master 2]

[OLF: 137]

[DATE:01:15:16 - Apr 20 2020]

[VER:1.1f.20170801:]

[OPT:VZD,35,254]

Target buffer size found

ok

ok

Ortur Laser Master 2 Ready!

OLF 137.

Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

ok

ok

[AUTHOR: RenShen]

[MODEL: Ortur Laser Master 2]

[OLF: 137]

[DATE:01:15:16 - Apr 20 2020]

[VER:1.1f.20170801:]

[OPT:VZD,35,254]

That’s just the ‘startup’ message from the controller itself. Are you saying it stops and you see that? If so, that means the controller (or windows) dropped the USB connection and then reconnected.

thank you i did contact Ortur customer support see if they can come out with anything,

and sorry for asking to much,
is there a way i can crop a picture in lightBurn that will help about due to the machine is stopping so i don’t have to waste the piece I’m working on/ so I can crop a picture continue Engraving
I don’t want to open a 3rd party program and do that or maybe you have a different idea

If you’re doing this to continue the engraving, just use the Preview, drag the slider in the preview window to wherever it stopped, then click ‘Start here’ and it will continue the job from that point.

ok thanks I did not know you can do that that save me a lot of work everyday I’m learning new stuff about amazing program you guys have build, i do have one more Question I have 2 laser engraver machine, and I have the stuff for install on two computers they’re both in the garage,

when i buy the program at said I can get to work on a 3rd computer I just have to ask you guys, can you help me with that,

Send an email to support@lightburnsoftware.com with your license key number, requesting a 3rd seat.

thank you for all your help again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.