I've got some wobble

Hey guys,
I’m new here - hoping you can help. I have a blue china 50w laser. I’ve had it a couple of weeks, and I’ve been testing/setting it up with good results so far. The other night though, I started getting a “wobble” when I cut diagonally. Horizontal and vertical lines are straight. Previously, I did not have this issue. I have attached a test cut photo - it improves slightly when the speed is slowed down. I’ve also attached a photo of a fractal tree I did the other day with no wobble issues. My first thought was belt tension, or is it possible that the laser tube loosened up and is vibrating a little bit?

Thanks for any tips!
Justin

I

Here’s the fractal tree…

Make sure the lens isn’t loose in its holder.

Thanks Hank. I did check to see that everything on the lens end was tight, but I will double check it.

Search here for threads on tightening the set screws/grub screws.

Hank - where do I send the check! Thanks - the lens was indeed loose. The threaded ring that holds the lens tight was not touching the lens. Thanks a million!

Doug,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check that out, since it seems to me that the tension one one side is not the same as the other.
Justin

Heh… glad that helped. I’ve been a victim of “loose locking ring” before and have seen the weird waviness that comes from having the lens bounce around in there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.