J tech laser on a xcarve Z axis does not work

About 2" above the waste board. So I went into easel the software I use for carving and jogged the z axis
down to about 1/8" off the waste board. I then closed easel and reopened lightburn and clicked the get position button and the X Y Z all read same 0.00.

Do this for me:

• Type $$ into the console and press enter. Tell me what $10 is set to.
  • Type ? into the console and copy/paste the output here
  • Click ‘Get Positions’ and tell me what it says.

It sounds like your machine is reporting zero for position wherever you jog to, and that would cause some problems, so I’m trying to figure out if LightBurn is getting the wrong numbers from your machine.

$10=115
?
<Idle|MPos:-105.700,-193.825,0.000|Bf:15,127|FS:0,0|Pn:P>
ok

X:-4161 Y:-7.631 Z: 0.000

X is X-4.161 not -4161

Are you running Grbl 1.0c? If so you might try setting $10 to 0 or 1 to see if that helps your problem. Here’s a link to 1.0c if that’s what your running.

I had a weird issue with one of my axis with Grbl 1.1f when my $10 setting was set incorrectly. For me setting $10=1 solved my problem.

Thanks for the information. I’m out of town for a week I’ll look into that as soon as I get back. And let you know

Yes, $10 should be set to zero if you’re using a workspace offset. That tells the controller to report numbers to LightBurn relative to the new origin you’ve set, not in absolute machine coordinates.

ok I’m home and checked my $10 setting and it was $10=115.
I tried both $10=0 and $10=1 and no change. My controller is running Grbl 1.1g

Make sure Continuous Jogging is NOT selected. That was the problem in my case. Note that this option does not even show up under the move arrows when $J Jogging is not enabled.

This option appears in the user interface when Enable $J Jogging is selected in the Device Settings dialog.

I a purchased a laptop PC everything works as it should.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.