Jittering and loss of framing range

This is a D1 Pro v2 with extension kit on it and a 40W X gantry on it with the latest firmware update. It is being controlled by a Linux Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS system via USB 3.0 port and cable with over 500 Gb SSD and 32 GB mem via Lightburn 1.5.01 full licence. I have done over 15 test grids, 21 test lines and squares, and 4 complete project burns of a time totaling 4.35 hrs with no transversing issues.

but Saturday after last completed project mid burn the X axis went mental, i.e. instead of cutting a line of 4.1 in long it jittered back and forth of about .2 in and did not stop until I hit the emergency stop button since it was faster than moving to the computer to hit stop. I proceeded to see what the computer was doing and checking connection, ie USB and power. Saw nothing and NO error from lightburn showing. Cheched the X and Y axis motion and saw and felt nothing wrong. Restarted D1 and re homed the head to finish the project. It proceeded to finally finish that project with NO issues. I then setup the next project which was a duplicate of the previous one and it completed that 1 OK. The next project was started but failed upon second layer command 1/2 way through, again NO error messages on the software but same jittering on X axis ONLY. I then shut down the machine and rechecked everything including checking belt tentsioning on the X axis. It is within the min max by the gauge that was sent with the unit(thanks for that, it makes it eailer to tell). I then restarted everything again desided to try a different project since I could not afford to waste any more material do to jittering x axis. I desided to start a project that I could afford to loose material to see if I could find a reason/issue do to a specific condition, but when I was setting it up for running I noticed issue with the framing. It is has lost 2 in in travel in X direction ONLY so far. but when moving less than 5 in. from home it jumps 2 ins. I have tried hand and lightburn move function to see if there are any issues with the moving function but there is NOT and I can find, but framing still shows it. I have shut down the D1, lightburn, and restarting the computer 3 times and get the same results.

WHAT IS UP?

uploading the project that It screwed up on and the project file the framing issue is on.

test_control_surfaces_reinforcements_paper.lbrn2 (8.0 KB)
Test_elevator_full plank.lbrn2 (10.6 KB)

I would suspect a bad connection on your axis motor.
You could try it on XCS and see if the problem continues.

Not connection since that was one of the many checks done.

here is a video and gc of the framing sizing issue

was finally able to acquire a windows 10 computer to try that out also. and issue on the jittering still there on x axis ONLY and only on C02 layer not on any other layer.

The jittering does NOT show up on the control_surfaces lbm2 file. Both of these files were created in the same way except the DL01 layer in the Elevator file.

shoVID_20240226_150550_dissmall.m4v.txt (3.2 MB)
test01_control_surfaces_reinforcements_paper.gc (764 Bytes)

Here is the gcode for the elevator file. I would include the video but right now have only got them down to 32 Mb, working on reducing them further but not getting there easlily.

Test_elevator_full plank.gc (3.6 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.